This blog is dedicated to my doggie, Jack

This blog is dedicated to my doggie, Jack
Best Papillon Ever

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Why do some dogs sing?


Many times throughout my life, I've wondered why some dogs try to sing along with music they hear and others seem to be fairly oblivious to it. I've never really gotten a good answer to it, but here's what I did find out the other day:

Singing: some dogs "sing" very easily especially if they hear high tones. Some dogs can be trained to make different kinds of weird noises, especially the more vocal breeds/individuals. In Finland there is a famous dog call Gizmo who performs with a symphony orchestra. He sits on the owner's lap and sings along with their music! Dawn Carla Speer wrote: I could get Heike going for a couple of minutes straight ... I would make different sounds -- sort of like the range of sounds you could get from a wah-wah pedal for a guitar -- and she would imitate them really closely. If I told her "Be indignant!" she would make lower pitched noises, and if I said "Shhhh..." she would just make the mouth movements with no sound at all. This came from: http://users.tkk.fi/~mtt/belg_tricks.html Enjoy!

No comments: